Daisypath Vacation tickers

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Where has summer gone?

9:56 AM Posted In , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I'm a HORRIBLE blogger! I admit it. If I would publish half the stuff I "write while I'm thinking" away from the computer, I'd have volumes listed, but alas, I don't sit down to blog enough.

This summer we've been busy!

June:
  • Cheerleading Camp for me
  • Cheerleading fundraiser for me while the little Rs went to church camp at Falls Creek in OK. They loved it!
July:
  • My husband and I took a cruise to celebrate our 20th anniversary! Mexico was fabulous! We traveled to see some Mayan Ruins in Chichen Itza. That excursion was great, but it was RAINING when we debarked the ship, so we were soaked! :) We also snorkeled and zip-lined in Cozumel. That day was quite fun and the water was fabulous for seeing fish and creatures of the sea: tons of tropical fish, king crab, puffer fish, sting ray, lobster. Great day!
  • While we were cruising, my parents came to stay with the children. They had a blast with Grandma and Granddaddy while we were gone!
  • We squeezed in, between rain, a visit to the local Blue Ridge Rodeo on Saturday night. The rain had stopped, but the arena was a muddy mess, which made for some interesting rodeo watching. Especially the mutton busting.
  • The little Raymers went to their paternal grandparents' house for the week and while there P and his cousin received their scuba certification. Peyton was one swimmer's ear infection away from getting his open water certification, but he will instead finish those dives over Labor Day weekend.
  • The little Raymers are now at Kanakuk's K1 Kamp until July 31. They seem to be having the time of their lives, but I haven't received a letter from P yet! He better write soon! Check out some of the video from their Kamp!
August:
  • Back to School shopping
  • Dentist/Doctor appointments
  • Band Camp
  • Cheerleader Camp
  • Readying for teaching and learning! My SON will be in my class this year! Yikes!
All in all, it has been a great summer so far, and I look forward to the school year, even though I want to enjoy fully with last few weeks of summer!

Next update, I'll tell you about my neighbors who like to visit in droves! Hummingbirds!

0 comments: